As the production methods vary the properties of the gypsum plaster also vary. The general properties of gypsum plaster are as follows,
1. The gypsum plaster is very light-weight compared to conventional cement plaster and therefore the usage of gypsum plaster for plastering the wall and ceiling surface does not increase the structural load on the building.
2. As the Gypsum plaster produces much less heat than compare to cement plaster it does not shrink during drying and hardening processes which cement plasters are prone to.
3. The gypsum plaster produces very few cracks compared to the typical cement plaster.
4. The gypsum plaster displays excellent adhesion to the fibrous materials.
5. The Gypsum is a non-combustible mineral and contains high content (nearly 50%) of crystal water. In the incident of fire, it behaves like a barrier and protects the blockwork, concrete, and steel under the plaster.
6. Gypsum plaster prevents rusting of metal fittings such as pipes and increases the durability of it.
7. The gypsum plaster is slightly soluble in water and can dissolve at the rate of 2gm/liter.
8. As the Gypsum has low thermal conductivity it ensures low consumption of energy and enables power saving.
9. Practically, the gypsum plaster is not at all affected by bacteria.
10. The tensile and flexural strength of gypsum plaster is relatively high.
11. The gypsum plaster is very malleable when mixed with water can be mold in whichever shapes desired. It is most suitable for aesthetic work in the building.
12. After the plaster is properly set and with the plaster backing and backgrounds dry, the gypsum plaster can be painted with any type of paint except cement paint. It is mentioned in ‘SP 62: S & T 1997’, (Handbook on Building Construction Practices Excluding Electrical Work).
→ Suzhou Cemo New Material Technology Co.,Ltd is a high-tech enterprise specialized in construction additives.
→ Estabilished in 2011 and expanded production scale in 2015.
→ Our production capacity is 10,000 tons of redispersible polymer powder, 5000 tons of polycarboxylic acid superplasticizer, 3000 tons of melamine superplasticizer, 2000 tons of defoamer, gypsum retarder, hydrophobic agent and other additives.