Polycarboxylate superplasticizer is a high-performance water reducing agent. It is a cement dispersant used in cement concrete applications. Polycarboxylate concrete superplasticizer is widely used in roads, bridges, dams, tunnels, high-rise buildings and other projects. This article mainly introduces the role and advantages of polycarboxylate superplasticizer.
According to the structure of the polycarboxylic acid main chain, the polycarboxylic acid series superplasticizer products can be divided into two types. A type of polyether having acrylic acid or methacrylic acid as the main chain and grafting different side chain lengths.
The other type is a polyether having a length of different side chains of maleic anhydride. Based on these two types, a series of high-performance superplasticizer products with different characteristics have been derived.
Before the appearance of the polycarboxylic acid superplasticizer, there is a lignosulfonate admixture, a naphthalene sulfonate formaldehyde condensate, a melamine-formaldehyde polycondensate, and acetone sulfonate formaldehyde condensate, a sulfamate formaldehyde condensate, and the like.
A new generation of polycarboxylate superplasticizer overcomes some of the drawbacks of traditional water reducers. It has the advantages of low dosage, good moisture retention, low concrete shrinkage, strong molecular structure, high performance, and no use of formaldehyde in the production process.
For the knowledge of the role of polycarboxylate superplasticizer, many people may be strangers. Although it does not hinder the use, it is more beneficial to use it. Here is a brief introduction to what it can do.
- Improve the workability of concrete or mortar mix construction.
- Improve the strength and other physical and mechanical properties of concrete or mortar.
- Save cement or replace special cement.
- Accelerate the early strength development of concrete or mortar.
- Adjust the rate of setting and hardening of concrete or mortar.
- Adjust the gas content of concrete or mortar.
- Reduce the initial hydration heat of cement or delay the hydration heat release.
- Improve the bleeding of the mixture.
- Improve the corrosion resistance of concrete or mortar.
- Improve the capillary structure of concrete or mortar.
- Improve the pumping ability of concrete.
- Improve the corrosion resistance of steel bars.
- Improve the adhesion between the aggregate and the mortar interface.
- Improve the grip of steel and concrete.
- Improve the adhesion of new and old concrete interfaces.
It is precisely because the polycarboxylate water reducing agent has the above several effects that it can be widely used. Knowing its role also helps to make better use of the product. What are the main advantages of polycarboxylate superplasticizers?
- It has good compatibility with various cement, good slump retention performance of concrete, and prolonged concrete construction time.
- The dosage is low, the water reduction rate is high, and the shrinkage is small.
- Greatly improve the early and late strength of concrete.
- Low chloride ion content and low alkali content are beneficial to the durability of concrete.
- The production process is non-polluting and contains no formaldehyde. It conforms to the international standard of ISO14000 environmental protection management and is a green product.
- With polycarboxylate superplasticizers, more slag or fly ash can be used instead of cement to reduce costs.